Fragrant, wholesome, authentic fish curry!
2 tbsp. olive oil
1 red bell pepper, sliced
1 green bell pepper, sliced
1 onion, sliced
salt & pepper
1 ½ tbsp. curry powder
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 tbsp. root ginger, grated
1.5 lbs. (680g) cod, frozen
14 oz. (400ml) can full fat coconut milk
1 lime, juice
4 green onions (spring onions), sliced, to garnish
fresh cilantro (coriander), chopped, to garnish
WHAT YOU NEED TO DO:
1. Heat the olive oil in a large pot over a medium-high heat. Add the red and green bell peppers and onion, season with salt and pepper and sauté around 4-5 minutes.
2. Add the curry powder and cook for 1 more minute, stirring constantly. Now add in the garlic and ginger and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
3. Place the cod fillets on top of the cooked vegetables, or nestle them into the vegetables, and pour over the coconut milk.
4. Cover the pot with a lid and bring to a boil before turning the heat to low and simmering gently for 20 minutes, or until the fish is cooked through.
5. Taste the sauce and if necessary, season with a little more salt and pepper. Squeeze in the lime juice, garnish with sliced green onions and cilantro. Serve immediately.
Serving Suggestion - serve with rice or couscous.