If you enjoy Avo Toast, you'll love this flavoursome, well-balanced, option.
½ squash, seeded, peeled & cut into cubes
3 tbsp. olive oil
salt & pepper
2 tbsp. pumpkin seeds, toasted
½ onion, chopped
1 tsp. chili flakes
4.5 oz. (125g) goat’s cheese
4 slices bread, toasted
WHAT YOU NEED TO DO:
1. Preheat the oven to 450°F (230°C). Line a baking tray with baking paper.
2. Place the squash onto the baking tray and drizzle over 2 tablespoons of olive oil and spread evenly. Season the squash with salt and pepper. Place the tray into the oven and roast the squash for 25-30 minutes until golden.
3. Heat a non-stick skillet over a medium high heat and add the pumpkin seeds. Shake the skillet to keep the seeds moving, as they should toast and not burn. After they are toasted remove the skillet from the heat and set aside to cool.
4. Heat the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat and add the onion. Cook, stirring occasionally, until soft, for around 5 minutes. Add the chili flakes and the roasted squash, stir to combine. Using a potato masher or fork, mash the squash and onion together.
5. Divide the goat’s cheese between the 4 slices of toast, then top with the squash mixture and sprinkle over the toasted pumpkin seeds. Season to taste with salt, pepper and add more chili flakes if desired.