High protein salmon and couscous salad with a zesty, roasted lime dressing.
1 lb. (450g) salmon fillets
2 tbsp. olive oil
salt & pepper
1 tsp. ground cumin
½ tsp. ground turmeric
2 limes, 1 halved & 1 zested & juiced
1½ cups (260g) couscous
1 cup (285g) Greek yogurt
4 tbsp. water
½ cup (80g) feta cheese, crumbled
1 cucumber, diced
4 tbsp. parsley, chopped
4 tbsp. mint leaves, chopped
1½ cups (40g) arugula
2 green onions, sliced
WHAT YOU NEED TO DO:
1. Heat the oven to 400°F (200°C). Line a baking sheet with baking paper.
2. Place the salmon fillets, skin-side-down on the baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil, season with salt, pepper, ½ teaspoon of cumin and ½ teaspoon of turmeric. Place the halved lime, cut-side up, next to the salmon.
3. Place the baking sheet into the hot oven and roast the salmon for 18-20 minutes until cooked through. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool slightly.
4. In the meantime, cook the couscous according to instructions on the packaging.
5. Next, prepare the dressing by combining the yogurt, water, lime zest and juice, and whisk until smooth. Add the remaining ½ teaspoon of cumin, ¼ cup of feta cheese, the cucumber and most of the parsley and mint. Season to taste with salt and pepper, mix and set aside until needed.
6. Add the cooked couscous and arugula to the yogurt dressing and toss to combine. Remove the skin from the cooked salmon and flake it with a fork. Add the salmon to the couscous, and mix through gently.
7. To serve, squeeze the roasted lime over the salad, garnish with the green onions, and the remaining feta cheese, parsley and mint.