A whole-hearty, comfort meal perfect for a nourishing lunch or dinner that is sure to please the entire family.
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C). Prepare a large baking sheet lined with baking paper.
2. Bring a large pot of water to the boil and add ½ teaspoon of salt. Add the chopped potatoes and cook for 15-20 minutes until tender. Once cooked, drain and set aside.
3. While the potatoes are cooking, place the herbs and breadcrumbs in a large bowl. Add the minced pork and beef and season with salt and pepper. Using your hands, mix everything together until well combined and shape the mixture into walnut sized meatballs.
4. Place the meatballs on the baking sheet and drizzle with 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Place into the hot oven and bake for 12-15 minutes, until the meatballs are cooked through and golden.
5. Meanwhile, start making the gravy by heating the remaining 1 tablespoons of olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion and bacon and cook for 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Next, add in the water and stock cube and simmer for 5 minutes until the gravy reduces and thickens.
5. Bring a pot of water to a boil and cook the broccoli for 3-4 minutes until tender, then drain and set aside.
6. Mash the potatoes and stir through the grated cheese and milk. Season to taste with salt and pepper and set aside.
7. To serve, divide the mashed potatoes between 2 plates, top with meatballs and gravy and serve with a side of broccoli.