Filipino-Style Pineapple & Pork Adobo - Serves 8
COOKING DEMOS • 1m 29s
Heart warming, authentic Filipino-style stew. Serve with lightly steamed green beans or broccolini.
3 lbs. (1400g) pork shoulder steaks, cut into 3cm chunks
¾ cup (150ml) rice vinegar
½ cup (120ml) tamari
6 garlic cloves, chopped
1 large onion, roughly chopped
12 bay leaves
8 bird's-eye chilies, halved lengthways
2 tbsp. black peppercorns
1 pineapple, peeled, cored and cut into chunks
¾ - 1 cup (180-240ml) water
1 tbsp. olive oil
4 green onions, sliced, to serve
WHAT YOU NEED TO DO:
1. Place the pork into a large bowl with all the other ingredients (except the olive oil and green onions) and add enough water to cover. Cover the bowl and set aside to marinate for at least 20 minutes at room temperature (or leave in the refrigerator for up to 24 hrs).
2. Remove the pork and pineapple from the marinade, reserving the marinade for the next steps. Heat the olive oil in a large casserole dish or deep pot over a medium/high heat. Fry the pork for 8-10 minutes until browned. Add the pineapple and cook, stirring often, for a further 2-3 minutes on each side until the pineapple starts to caramelize.
3. Next pour over the marinade, scraping the dish to lift off any sticky bits. Reduce the heat to a medium low, cover and simmer gently for 30 minutes.
4. Remove the lid from the pot and simmer, uncovered, for a further 25-30 minutes, stirring regularly, until the pork is tender and the sauce has thickened.
5. Serve in bowls, with the green onion and a side of rice (not included in nutritional breakdown).
Up Next in COOKING DEMOS
Blue Cheese, Chicken & Pecan Salad - ...
Yummy chicken salad with blue cheese and a punchy vinaigrette dressing!
For the dressing:
2 tbsp. red wine vinegar
1 tsp. Dijon mustard
salt & pepper
⅓ cup (80ml) olive oil
1 tbsp. honey
For the salad:
½ cup (65g) pecan nuts, halves
1 tsp. honey
pinch of cayenne pepp...
Peanut Butter & Jam Overnight Oats - ...
So quick, easy and super delicious! Vegetarian and full of healthy fats.
1 cup (80g) rolled oats
1 cup (240ml) almond milk, unsweetened
½ cup (140g) natural yogurt
2 tbsp. chia seeds
2 tbsp. honey
4 tbsp. raspberry jam
2 tbsp. peanut butter
2 tsp. pistachios, chopped
½ cup (60g) ra...
Kuku Sabzi (Persian Herb Fritatta) - ...
Wholesome, herbaceous Persian Fritatta, bursting with flavour and healthy fats.
½ cup (12g) parsley, chopped
½ cup (12g) cilantro, chopped
½ cup (12g) dill, chopped
1 bunch of green onions, trimmed and sliced
½ tsp. ground cumin
½ tsp. ground cinnamon
½ cup (60g) walnuts, chopped