Low carb recipe for a crowd favourite with added fiber and healthy fats.
½ cup (125g) mashed banana
1 ½ cups (150g) grated carrot
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2 cups (200g) almond flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. cinnamon
½ tsp. ground ginger
⅓ cup (55g) raisins
¼ cup (30g) walnuts, chopped
WHAT YOU NEED TO DO:
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C) and line a loaf tin with baking paper.
2. In a large bowl, mix together the mashed banana, carrots, eggs and vanilla extract.
3. In a separate bowl, combine the almond flour, baking powder and spices.
4. Fold the almond flour mixture through the banana and carrot mixture until well combined.
5. Add in raisins and walnuts, mix again and transfer into the loaf tin. Bake in the oven for 50-55 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
6. Remove from the oven and set onto a wire rack to cool completely before serving.
7. Store the bread in an airtight container on the counter top for 2-3 days.